About Berkeley Homes
Berkeley Group builds beautiful, successful places, blending homes, parks and public realm with great facilities to create fantastic communities where people love to live. We work together with trusted partners to tackle the shortage of good quality homes. And we make a lasting contribution to the landscape and to the communities we help create. We have built 19,500 homes in the last five years, across London, Birmingham and the South of England.
Berkeley Group is made up of six autonomous companies: Berkeley Homes, St Edward, St George, St James, St Joseph and St William. We are publicly-owned and listed on the London Stock Exchange as a FTSE 100 company.
Berkeley’s business strategy is called Our Vision. This focuses on five key areas: our customers, homes, places, operations and people. Through this framework we are striving to become a world class business.
The Berkeley Foundation was set up in 2011 by the Berkeley Group. So far it has committed over £14.9 million to over 100 charities and worthy causes. The Berkeley Foundation focuses on four key areas: homes, jobs, skills and care. Funding comes in a variety of ways: the Berkeley Group covers overhead costs; employees have so far raised over £5.3 million; and we are also very grateful for support from our consultants, subcontractors and supply chain.
A brief history of Berkeley
- 1976 – Berkeley Homes established
- 1985 – Listed on the London Stock Exchange
- 1996 – St James established through a joint venture with Thames Water
- 2006 – St Edward established through a joint venture with Prudential
- 2008 – Berkeley Group wins Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development
- 2014 – St William established as a joint venture with National Grid
- 2014 – Berkeley Group wins the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development
- 2016 – St Joseph established, with a focus on Birmingham and the West Midlands
- 2018 – Berkeley Group becomes the first carbon positive UK homebuilder
- Built +19,500 homes in the last 5 years
- Contributed £1.7Bn to community facilities and affordable housing
- Created +11,000 jobs
- Contributed £12Bn to the UK economy over the last 5 years
- Delivered +10% of all new homes in London in the last 5 years
- Delivered 6 new schools in the last 5 years, with 8 more planned
- 2017/18 pre-tax profit of £934.9 million, a +15.1% increase
- £2.19Bn in forward sales (April 2018)